Food Product Research and Development
The Cermount Food Product R&D team provides our customers with multiple levels of product assistance, from formulation through scale-up.
R&D customers range from entrepreneurial emerging brands to Fortune 500 food companies. Our experience, connections, and flexibility allow us to offer tangible advantages to both types of brand owners:
- Large companies get better speed-to-market since we are more nimble than typical large company R&D groups
- Entrepreneurs and emerging brands avoid typical start-up pitfalls like overbuilt products and untested processes
- Both types benefit from the out-of-the-box thinking of our experienced food formulation and processing experts
Our R&D Services group is managed by a master’s level Food Scientist with decades of R&D experience. A dedicated and talented team that includes a Concept Development Technician, Master Sensory Specialist, and Food Quality Specialist supports him. They collaborate to help our customers:
- Save time in product development
- Forgo capital expenditures for in-house R&D staff and equipment
- Launch innovative, category-leading products faster and with more certainty
Ways we traditionally serve our customers include:
- Formula vetting
- Ingredient selection and vendor sourcing
- Coordinate ingredient validation tests
- Connect customers to trusted contacts for shelf life studies
- Formulate for desired nutrient levels
- Test kitchen development
- Sensory evaluation
- Formalized panels
- Recipe development
- Food styling and photography
Perfect for scale-ups and marketing studies!
Cermount has the right size facility and line availability to accommodate small-run trials for market tests and key account presentations. The variety of our equipment and the creativity of our team help brands gain valuable blending and packing experience that can shape their final product offering.
Cermount R&D Supports Starving Children. The Cermount team was instrumental in developing new processing technologies in the manufacturing of Super Cereal Plus, a specialty food product contracted for by USAID, and designed to provide sustenance for famished children ages 6 months to 2 years. Super Cereal Plus, which is distributed worldwide by the World Food Programme, can sustain the lives of needy children for up to 2 years, even if it is the only food they consume. The processing adjustments developed by Cermount’s team offered improved quality, more sourcing options, and a more stable process.
Our team has experience that can guide R&D for all types of dry food products, such as:
- Bakery mixes and kits
- Meal replacements
- Nut and trail mix blends
- Beverage blends
- Functional foods
- Dessert mixes
- Breakfast mixes
- Protein powders
By working with our team, you are taking one step into the future with your food development needs.